- Escaped slave – could have escaped from; dark elf, araby, lizardmen, orc, Empire, beastman or even fimir (cyclopean potato-headed tailed slaving beasts who can only reproduce through rape and ally with daemons).
- Evil guy (the enemy of my enemy…)(also no getting into character-killing situations. GMs discretion on whether your character is too evil, or too likely to clash with other players) – could be a criminal, assassin, dark elf, servant of the chaos god Malaal (the one who hates the others)
- Strange fate – could have been born a child of Ulric – god of wolves and winter – and be able to transform into a wolf (not to be mistaken with a werewolf), been adopted by a hermit-mage, or a member of another species, been flung from another time or dimension.
- Unknown heritage – adopted by a temple you’ve never known your real parents but you have this strange birthmark and a sword was left with your crib, or an elf babe found by a childless couple on the edge of a forest.
- Touched by evil, but trying to make up for it – mutant, repentant dark-elf (yeah right – make sure your excuse is very twisted), half orc (that can happen in fantasy), ex-servant of a necromancer, vampire or chaos-worshipper.
- I’ve got to fix it – You released something terrible on the world and need to make up for it – as a teenager you released daemons on the world because of a dare, or you released an ancient undead because you stole an artifact and were always too scared to replace it, or you were moved by the pleas or an imprisoned being and though it spared your life it is something terrible.
- Cursed – A terrible curse forces you to do terrible things, or means you will die unless you kill a man or destroy an artifact. It was cast on you as a child, or burned into you by a powerful necromancer last month, or put upon your family.
- Avenger – A powerful warlord destroyed your village, but left you alive. Or a terrible crime was done to your loved ones – they are now the play-things of a necromancer, or sitting at the right hand of a vampire after chasing you for your blood. You escaped the horrors of a slaaneshi torture pit, or languished in a witch-hunter’s jail having suffered abuse excused by the false-accusation of witch-craft.
- Illegal but still Nice – Hedgewitch, mutant, female Bretonnian knight.
- A bit of a knob (please play with a hint of humour) – Haughty high elf, extremely hostile dwarf, judgemental light mage, arrogant noble or priest.